EULA / End User License Agreement
THIS IS A LEGAL AGREEMENT, by downloading and/or installing Carlos Fabian Camargo Guerrero Font software you agree to the following terms:
1. This License is for the benefit of a single user only. A single user is permitted to install and use the font software on one (1) portable device such as a notebook or laptop computer and on one (1) desktop or workstation type device that remains at a single location. This computer can be connected to any number of output devices, such as laser printers, ink jet printers, an imagesetter or a film recorder. The font software may be downloaded to the memory (hard disk or RAM) of the output devices that are customarily used by you for the purposes of having such font software remain resident in the output devices. If you need to install the Font Software on more than the one (1) computer, as identified above, or more users need to use the font software, you are required to purchase additional licenses. You further agree to treat the software as confidential information and exercise reasonable care to avoid unauthorised distribution of the Font Software. If you cannot or do not agree to the terms of this license, return the software unused to Carlos Fabian Camargo Guerrero, firstname.lastname@example.org, Bogota, Colombia.
2. The Font Software is the exclusive property of Carlos Fabian Camargo Guerrero. This non-exclusive and revocable license grants you certain limited rights to use the font software only. All other right, title and interest in and to the font software, together with the design of the fonts embodied therein together with the trademarks, trade names and service marks are the exclusive property of Carlos Fabian Camargo Guerrero.
3. Except as may be otherwise expressly permitted herein or by a separate written agreement, you may not modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, alter or otherwise copy the Carlos Fabian Camargo Guerrero Font Software or the designs embodied therein. You are permitted to make a single back-up copy. The Carlos Fabian Camargo Guerrero Font Software or documentation may not be sublicensed, sold, leased, rented, lent, or given away to another person or business.
4. The Font Software may be returned or exchanged only if defective and will be replaced only when accompanied by a valid sales receipt within four (4) weeks of purchase.
5. You agree that any derivative typeface font software created by you which uses, incorporates or is otherwise based upon the design of the Fonts or otherwise incorporate any of the Carlos Fabian Camargo Guerrero Font Software, including, but not limited to, software, EPS files, or other electronic works, are considered derivative works under the Law of the Republic of Colombia and use of any derivative work is the property of Carlos Fabian Camargo Guerrero and shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this License. Derivative works may not be sublicensed, sold, leased, rented, lent, or given away without the express written permission of Carlos Fabian Camargo Guerrero. Carlos Fabian Camargo Guerrero shall not be responsible for unauthorised, modified and/or regenerated software or derivative works. You are permitted to convert the Fonts to outline or bitmap images for the purposes of publishing electronic documents.
6. If you are an advertising agency, acting on behalf of an advertising agency or otherwise acting in a similar capacity or for the benefit of a third party, the purchase of a license for your client is required and, depending upon how the Font Software will be used, an additional license upgrade and/or the purchase of a special license may be also be required. A special license is required to use the Font Software with or in alphabet products such as scrapbook products or software, adhesive or rub-on lettering, electronic books, game playing devices, gaming or gambling devices irrespective of whether the Font Software itself is embedded into the device or if it is merely the designs of the Fonts that are displayed. If you are using the Font Software in cinema, motion pictures, on television or on cable television, in Quicktime or Flash movies or other animations broadcast on the Internet, a special license is required and an additional license fee may be required. The terms of this Agreement are contractual in nature.
7. The embedding of Carlos Fabian Camargo Guerrero Font Software in PDF documents or in Flash documents is allowed provided that the extraction of the Fonts is prohibited. Notwithstanding this, embedding of the Carlos Fabian Camargo Guerrero Font Software in other software or devices or in any other form whatsoever requires the purchase of and shall be governed by a separate license agreement.
8. The Carlos Fabian Camargo Guerrero Font Software is protected under domestic and international trademark, copyright and industrial design law. You may, but are not required to, identify Carlos Fabian Camargo Guerrero fonts and ownership in any design and/or production credits.
9. Any breach of the terms of this Agreement shall be cause for termination. In the event of termination, and without limitation of any remedies under law or equity, if applicable, you agree to immediately return the Font Software to Carlos Fabian Camargo Guerrero and certify that no copy remains in your possession or control.
10. You may transfer the Font Software to another party provided that the new licensee agrees, in writing, to be bound by this License and you destroy all copies of the Font Software immediately upon transfer of the Font Software. The new Licensee must transmit a copy of their Agreement to Carlos Fabian Camargo Guerrero.
11. Carlos Fabian Camargo Guerrero MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR OTHERWISE. THE FONT SOFTWARE WAS NOT MANUFACTURED FOR USE IN MANUFACTURING CONTROL DEVICES OR NAVIGATION DEVICES OR IN CIRCUMSTANCES THAT COULD RESULT IN ENVIRONMENTAL DAMAGE OR PERSONAL INJURY. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, Carlos Fabian Camargo Guerrero SHALL IN NO EVENT BE LIABLE TO THE LICENSED USER OR ANY OTHER THIRD PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING DAMAGES FROM LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF BUSINESS INFORMATION, ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE PRODUCT EVEN IF NOTIFIED IN ADVANCE. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL Carlos Fabian Camargo GuerreroÂ´ LIABILITY EXCEED THE REPLACEMENT COST OF THE SOFTWARE, whichever is less, and at the sole discretion of Carlos Fabian Camargo Guerrero.
The Carlos Fabian Camargo Guerrero Font Software End User License Agreement is subject to Colombian Law. By downloading and installing the Fonts, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agreed to be bound by the terms and conditions of this License Agreement.